In 2003, the Synod of the Diocese commissioned a task force to draw up plans to establish a school of theology and in 2009, AST held its first graduation at St. Mark’s Church in Alexandria.
Today, the Alexandria School of Theology wishes to emulate the best of what the early Catechetical School represented. Although almost two millennia have passed and times have changed, our Lord’s great commission to disciple the nations remains unchanged. They prayer that AST will be an instrument in the hand of God to spread the Gospel in the Anglican Communion and beyond.
The AST Mission
To train Christian lay people and ordinands to serve Christ in the Anglican Church as well as in other churches in our region of the world.
The Alexandria School of Theology consists of three campuses at various stages of development:
1. St. Athanasius Campus in Egypt
- includes two branches, one in Alexandria based at St. Mark’s Pro-Cathedral in Mancheyia, and one in Cairo based at All Saints Cathedral in Zamalek
2. St. Cyprian Campus in Tunisia
3. St. Frumentius Campus in Ethiopia
- The St. Cyprian Campus in Tunisia and the St. Frumentius Campus in Ethiopia are being developed and are in various stages of development.